Road to Mental Health
Get Help in a Crisis
If you or a loved one is thinking of killing yourself, call:
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 800-273-TALK
If you think someone is a danger to themselves or others:
- CALL 911
When you call 911 tell them this is a mental health crisis and provide needed information.
When 1st Responders arrive, share the information you gave 911, remain calm, and step aside so the 1st Responders can do their job.
If there is no danger, but you need immediate help, call the crisis line for your county:
- King County 866-427-4747
- Pierce County 800-576-7764
- Veteran Crisis Line 800-273-8255
To talk with someone who has lived with mental illness, call:
- WA State Warm Line 877-500-WARM
- Pierce County 877-780-5222
- NAMI National Helpline 800-950-6264
- LGBTQ Support: 866-488-7386
The following are examples of events and programs we offer throughout the year:
- NAMI Family-2-Family, beginning September 2019 in Enumclaw. Pre-registration information and class details on our Upcoming Events page.
- Angst…Raising Awareness Around Anxiety”
- Health and Wellness Expo
Mental Health First Aid is appropriate for anyone 18 years and older who wants to learn how to help a person who may be experiencing a mental health related crisis or problem. Topics covered include anxiety, depression, psychosis and addictions. In the course you will learn:
* Risk factors and warning signs for mental health concerns,
* Strategies to help someone in crisis,
* Where to turn for help and more.
Mental Health First Aid helps you assist someone experiencing a mental health related crisis.The class fee of $95 per attendee is paid for through grant funding provided to Rainier Foothills Wellness Foundation.