Road to Access for Healthcare
The Care Van is a door-to-door service for any health-related, non-emergency transportation across the plateau to both King and Pierce County (service area boundaries listed in right column.)
Care Van Hours
- 9:00Am – 4:00PM Monday – Friday
Call 360-802-3206 to schedule a ride.
Information to have when you call
- Your complete pick-up address.
- The name, complete address, and phone number of your medical provider.
- Exact appointment date and time.
- The type of medical appointment (ie, dialysis, OB, primary care, mental health, etc).
- Your return time, if known.
- First-time callers will be asked additional screening questions.
How much does it cost to use the Care Van?
A $5.00 donation is suggested (this program is solely supported by donations, grants and sponsors).
The Story of the Care Van
The Rainier Foothills Wellness Foundation Care Van was originally established in 1987 and provides rides to anyone needing transportation to the local hospital, pharmacies, local medical offices including physicians, dentists, optometrists, chiropractors, and therapists. The Care Van was originally purchased by Rainier Foothills Wellness Foundation, operationally supported by the hospital and financially supported by the Foundation and generous donors.