Job Title: Care Van Driver
Schedule: 12-20 Hours/week (Mon/Wed/Fri; average 6 hours per day)
Reports to: Executive Director
ORGANIZATION & POSITION OVERVIEW:
Rainier Foothills Wellness Foundation works to support a healthy community by providing a safety net for our most vulnerable citizens. We create opportunities for individuals and organizations to come together to address critical issues that impact our community.
We seek a Van Driver for our Care Van, a healthcare transportation service. Work is performed under the general direction of the Executive Director, but extensive leeway is granted for the exercise of independent judgment and initiative within the guidelines of specific laws, policies, and procedures. The position works with clients of diverse demographics and ability levels and must exercise considerable judgment, diplomacy, and human relation skills as a routine part of the job.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Transport clients to and from health and wellness appointments across the greater Enumclaw Plateau region
- Assist clients in boarding and de-boarding the Care Van, including operation of wheelchair lift
- Adheres to all traffic laws and transports clients safely and without incident
- Follows provided schedule and ensures each client arrives to their appointment on time and is returned home in a timely manner
- Provides excellent service including engaging with clients in a friendly and caring manner
- Serves as liaison between clients and Foundation including communication regarding scheduling, accepting donations, additional service referrals, etc.
- Assists with ridership reporting and record keeping
- Maintains a clean van and reports any maintenance concerns to supervisor
- Occasionally supports the Foundation with outside tasks and community engagement events.
- Upholds the reputation of the Foundation with professional and courteous interactions with clients, clinic staff, coworkers, etc.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Two (2) years of professional van/bus driving and/or caregiver experience preferred
- Driving record clear of accidents and infractions
- Ability to pass Washington State Patrol background & driving record checks
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Experience with mobile calendar and GPS applications
- Ability to problem-solve, think critically and make decisions independently
- High level of time-management and organization skills
- Ability to maintain professional, working relationships with staff, volunteers, donors, community partners and other constituents
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain professionalism in appearance, speech and conduct
- Dependable and punctual
- Optional Simple IRA retirement program with 3% employer match
- Paid Time Off
Email resume to Sara Stratton at firstname.lastname@example.org